Bhatkal gets COVID-19 care centre

Source: S.O. News Service | By Sajjad Quazi | Published on 4th August 2020, 9:42 PM | Coastal News |

Bhatkal: Bhatkal on Wednesday got a new Primary COVID Care Centre, that was inaugurated with 'Dua' by Islamic scholars.

Mr. Yusuf Kumble, Managing Director and Chief Interventional Cardiologist at Indiana Hospital, Mangaluru, addressing on the occasion, said, almost 95% of patients will recover without a need of any treatments, the remaining 5% will be of serious cases, where they need to visit the health centres at the earliest so that they could be monitored for 4-5 days, and could be decided whether they need ICU, and  have to be shifted to higher centers. He said that the team of doctors from Indiana hospital will be available in this Bhatkal COVID-19 Care Centre to treat the patients.

Mr. Arshad Mohtesham, Joint Convenors and President of Indian Nawayath Forum, speaking to the audience on this occasion, appealed to visit this center if they find any COVID related symptoms within them. "Life and death are indeed in the hands of almighty Allah, but at the same time it is also our duty to take care of our health and stick on to the precautionary measures", he noted.

Joint Convenor and Vice-President of Majlise Islah Wa Tanzeem, Bhatkal, while addressing the audience, said, there won't be a single stone unturned. "We have come up with this daring step after consulting with Bhatkal administration, Islamic scholars, health department etc, and after everyone's approval, we were able to open this", he added.

On this occasion, Chief Qazi Markazi Khaleefa Jamaatul Muslimeen Maulana Khaja Akrami Madni, Qazi Jamaatul Musilmeen Maulana Abdur Rab Nadvi, Assistant Commissioner Bhatkal division Bharat S, Bhatkal ASP Nikhil B,  Majlise Islah wa Tanzeem General Secretary Moulavai Abdur Raqeeb MJ Nadvi, Government Hospital Medical Superintendent Dr. Savita Kamath and many others were present.

Read These Next

MRPL to set up 2G ethanol plant in Karnataka

The public sector Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) is planning to set up a 60 KLPD (kilo litres per day) 2G ethanol plant at Harihar in Davanagere district of Karnataka. This would boost the Central ...