Gas cylinder explodes at a school in Kumta; miraculous escape for students

Source: S.O. News Service | By Sajjad Quazi | Published on 25th August 2019, 6:33 PM | Coastal News |

Kumta: Hundreds of students had a miraculous escape after a gas cylinder exploded here at a school kitchen room of Valgalli high school in the taluk on Friday.

According to reports, the cylinder exploded catching fire after the fault that was detected from the gas regulator. The flame was seen spreading slowly, that later caught on the wooden pieces, vessels and other utensils making it burn completely.

As the flame went on increasing the students in the school were immediately made to gather outside in the playground to avoid any untoward incident. A team of fire extinguishers rushed to the spot soon after receiving the information and were successful in extinguishing the fire, which could otherwise have given a major turn.

On receiving the information, Kumta MLA Dinakar Shetty, PSI Sampath Kumar, block education officer Abdul Gaffar Mulla and others rushed to the spot and conducted the necessary investigation.

Read These Next

Centre must clarify its stand on NRC: UT Khader

MLA UT Khader has asked the Union government to clarify its stand on the National Register of Citizens (NRC). He questioned the Union government for creating confusion over NRC.

Soon, GPs will have solar power facility: Eshwarappa

Siddapur: Rural Development & Panchayatraj Minister K S Eshwarappa said that all the gram panchayat buildings in the State will soon have solar power facility. A report in this regard will be prepared in another 15 ...