House catches fire in Bhatkal: loss estimated over lacs

Source: S.O. News Service | By Sajjad Quazi | Published on 23rd November 2017, 11:53 PM | Coastal News | Don't Miss |

Bhatkal: The house belonging to Shafeequnnisa Shaikh of Makhdoom colony near Jali road in Bhatkal was gutted after an accidental fire engulfed causing losses worth of lacs of rupees. The incident happened on 21st November, Tuesday. 

It is suspected that Short circuit might be the cause of the fire.

The fire destroyed the roof of the house completely. However, with the help of the locals and fire brigade team, it was possible to extinguish the fire which saved the house from further damages. The wooden planks in the roof were burnt to ashes. 

Local people came to rescue by providing water for rubbing out the fire till the fire brigade came. But by then goods stored in the house had already caught fire. The local youth managed to bring both the gas cylinders out while the fire was still on averting the big loss.

Read These Next

PUC-II supplementary examzs from Sept 7 to 18

BENGALURU: The department of pre-university education will hold supplementary exams for PUC-II students from September 7-18. Urdu and Sanskrit exams will be held on September 7 in the morning while the National Skills ...

PUC-II supplementary examzs from Sept 7 to 18

BENGALURU: The department of pre-university education will hold supplementary exams for PUC-II students from September 7-18. Urdu and Sanskrit exams will be held on September 7 in the morning while the National Skills ...

Six Congress MLAs in Manipur resign

Imphal: Six Congress MLAs in Manipur have submitted their resignation to the speaker, party legislator O Henry Singh said on Tuesday. ...

5.82 lakh students pass SSLC exam held amid COVID-19 scare

Bengaluru:  As many as 5.82 lakh students have passed the secondary school leaving certificate (SSLC) examination conducted amid the COVID-19 scare in Karnataka, a Minister said on Monday. A total of 8.11 lakh students ...