Father-daughter electrocuted in Bantwal

Source: S.O. News Service | By Sajjad Qazi | Published on 12th June 2019, 11:57 AM | Coastal News | Don't Miss |

Mangaluru: A father-daughter duo were electrocuted after they came in contact with a live wire which was fallen at Barekkinade in Vamadapadavu near Bantwal, on Tuesday, 11th June.

According to sources, the deceased duo was identified as Gopalakrishna Shetty (65), and Divya Shetty (29).

The duo had gone out of the house to cut grass in their areca plantation, when the disaster occurred.

They stepped on the fallen wire accidentally, an eyewitness told the police.

A case was registered in Bantwal police station.

Read These Next

Karwar-Mysuru train service to begin soon

South Western Railway (SWR) has proposed introduction of a direct train service between Karwar and Mysuru via Mangaluru which is expected to start running soon. ...

Karwar-Mysuru train service to begin soon

South Western Railway (SWR) has proposed introduction of a direct train service between Karwar and Mysuru via Mangaluru which is expected to start running soon. ...

Not afraid of any probe into phone tapping: Kumaraswamy

Bengaluru:  Former Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Monday said he was not afraid of any probe into the phone tapping allegations, as he accused the BJP government of running a "transfer business" in the ...