Udupi: Girl dies after swallowing chocolate with wrapper

Source: ENS | Published on 21st July 2022, 12:57 PM | Coastal News | Don't Miss |

Udupi: A seven-year-old girl died after she swallowed a chocolate along with its wrapper on Wednesday. The deceased has been identified as Samanvi. The chocolate along the wrapper got stuck in her throat and she choked to death while being taken to a hospital.

The incident occured near Bavalady of Bijoor near Byndoor. Class 2 student of a private school here, Samanvi was waiting to board the school bus on Wednesday morning, but in a hurry, swallowed the chocolate without removing its wrapper.

Sources said that as Samanvi was crying when she had to go to school in the morning, her mother Supreetha offered her the chocolate to pamper her. The body has been sent for postmortem to Manipal.

Samanvi is survived byher siblings and parents, Karunakar and Supreetha. Byndoor police have registered a case and are investigating.

Read These Next

Cabinet approves 4 pc DA hike for central govt employees

Ahead of Diwali festival, the Cabinet on Wednesday approved 4 per cent additional instalment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief to central government employees and pensioners with effect from July 1, 2022. ...

Chandigarh airport named after Bhagat Singh

The international airport here has been renamed Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport, Chandigarh, after freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary on Wednesday, days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi ...