Udupi: Elderly woman dies of burns after her dress catches fire

Source: S.O. News Service | By Arfa Kazia | Published on 11th March 2018, 6:44 PM | Coastal News | Don't Miss |

Udupi: In a tragic mishap which occurred at a village here, a woman lost her life while she was cooking on 10th March, Saturday.

The deceased woman has been identified as Muttu Moily (85), a resident of Nandikur village in the district.

According to sources, the adverse incident occurred when the woman was busy cooking lunch in her kitchen on Saturday. Somehow, the nightie she was wearing caused fire and she died due to burn injuries.

A case of unnatural death was registered regarding the matter at Udupi Town police station.

Read These Next

APCR team visits Haveri, demands release of innocents

Association for Protection of Civil Rights (APCR) state delegation led by Advocate Abdul Salam visited Hangal in Haveri district and met injured people who were admitted to the Haveri District Hospital after being ...