Karwar: BSNL Bhavan gutted
Karwar: A storeroom at BSNL office near SP office in the city caught fire and a portion of the building was gutted. Due to the fire, furniture and computers worth thousands of rupees and some important files were destroyed at noon of 17th March, on Friday.
The fire was noticed by the staff around 1:30p.m on the second floor and they were quick enough to inform the fire personnel as soon as possible. It is said that the cause for fire was a short-circuit at the office.
The fire personnel arrived within minutes and by that time the fire had spread up to the third floor. According to sources, about 15 staff members were trapped inside the building.
The fire personnel arrived with some breathing and other necessary equipment and with the timely intervention of fire fighters, the fire was doused and no one sustained injuries in the incident.
Recently Zilla Panchayat CEO office caught fire in the city. This is the second fire incident in the city involving government building.