5 bike lifters caught in Sirsi

Source: DHNS | By Shahid Mukhtesar | Published on 8th September 2018, 1:52 PM | Coastal News |

Karwar: Police, on Thursday, arrested a man and his four accomplices who were involved in lifting a Royal Enfield bike parked at Maruti Galli in Karwar recently. They were arrested at Sirsi and brought to Karwar.

Tilak Mohan Baindoor, a resident of Maruti Galli, had parked his Royal Enfield bike in front of his room at night on June 11.

In the morning, the bike had gone missing and so, he filed a complaint with the town police on July 2. Later, the accused had even attempted to steal another Royal Enfield bike parked in front of Maladevi ground. This was captured in the CCTV camera of a nearby store.

A special police team was formed to investigate the case. The team identified the face of the accused through the CCTV footage and began gathering information about him.

Accused John Micheal Rodrigues of Siddapur was taken into custody in Sirsi and enquired. But he went absconding. However, he had revealed information about his accomplices to the police.

Based on that, police arrested Niyaz Sheikh of Sirsi, Muhammed Rehmat Ulla, Suraj Soori, Abdul Rehman Naveed and also Micheal Rodrigues and produced them before the court.

Police said that John, who was working in Goa, had injured his leg in an accident. As a result, he was in a financial crisis. So, he joined hands with four others and began stealing bikes.

Two bikes were seized from them. Owner of one Royal Enfield bike has been identified while the owner of a Pulsar 200 bike is yet to be identified. 

Read These Next

Karnataka coast on red alert: rain hits normal life

Incessant rainfall from Sunday night has hit normal life with water-logging and flooding reported in many parts of the city on Monday. Landslides were reported at Ambalamogaru. A small landslip occurred at Bejai area due ...

BTV Cameraman Nagesh Padu dies of dengue

BTV Cameraman Nagesh Padu died on Sunday night after nearly a week-long treatment at a private hospital in Mangaluru, after he was tested positive for dengue.