2 maids die, 2 hurt in Ajman gas cylinder blast

Source: Gulfnews | By Muhaimin Sada | Published on 19th April 2017, 6:27 PM | Gulf News | Don't Miss |

Ajman: Two housemaids died and two others suffered serious injuries after a kitchen blast caused by a suspected gas leak in a house in Ajman on Wednesday morning.

The body of the first victim was pulled out of the wreckage — and she was pronounced dead at the scene of the incident.

The second housemaid died at Khalifa hospital, where two others are also confined.

The two who died are Ethiopian nationals.

The injured housemaids — one Ethiopian and another Indonesian — suffered serious injuries as a result of the explosion in a house in Al Jurif area in Ajman, said police.

The blast reportedly took place the house for whom the maids were working. 

The authorities are looking into the incident, sources said.

Read These Next

UAE to give free mobile phone SIM cards to tourists

Tourists visiting the United Arab Emirates will be given free mobile phone SIM cards with 20 MB data as a gift without providing any documentation, a media report on Friday quoted authorities as saying. ...

Saudi Arabia raises India's Haj quota by 30,000

In a significant step, Saudi Arabia has increased India's Haj quota from 170,000 to 200,000, paving the way for 30,000 more Indians to go for the annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca in the kingdom. ...

Dubai: Indian couple held for torture, death of mother

A 29-year-old Indian man and his wife have been charged in a Dubai court with physically assaulting his mother, causing her bone and rib fractures, internal bleeding as well as severe burns and unintentionally causing ...

SC verdict moral victory for rebel MLAs: Yeddyurappa

Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa Wednesday welcomed the Supreme court order on the political crisis, asserting that it was a "moral victory" for the rebel MLAs, whose resignations have pushed the ruling Congress-JDS ...